[Phpmyadmin-devel] New Here Want to Contribute

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:44:53 CET 2015

Hello,

On 1/30/15 7:52 AM, Shashank Gaurav wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am Shashank Gaurav, a IT undergrad from India. I am keen to explore
> ideas for
> Google Summer of Code 2015 with phpmyadmin. I am interested in working
> on PHP, HTML, CSS web application development.
> I am good with PHP and Cakephp.
>

> I am new to open source.I have a query.
> I have forked the code on github. How to proceed If I am intrested in a
> fixing a bug? Like How can I get it bug assigned to me?

The best way is to leave a comment in the bug/feature request tracker
stating that you will work on it. Tasks can only be assigned to members
of the project team.

> And are you guys active on IRC ?

"Present" more than "active" -- I'm certainly there (as ibennetch),
though I'm idle most of the time, and a few of the others are also
usually present, but it's generally better to keep discussion on the
mailing list.