[Phpmyadmin-devel] Parser support for virtual columns

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:09:58 CEST 2015

Hi Dan,

MariaDB (5.2.0+) supports virtual columns and the syntax is
<type>  [GENERATED ALWAYS]  AS   ( <expression> ) [VIRTUAL | PERSISTENT]
 [UNIQUE] [UNIQUE KEY] [COMMENT <text>]

While implementing [1], to add parser support for virtual columns, I tried
to model this syntax using $FIELD_OPTIONS [2]. Even though I am able to
retrieve the expression this way, all the brackets and spaces of the
expression are gone. As I understand, this due to the tokenization.

Do you have any suggestion for an alternative approach?

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1517/
[2]
https://github.com/madhuracj/phpmyadmin/commit/b287aae9d56c4ae15d850b47a5f76d49f4f155ba

--