[phpMyAdmin Developers] about PMA_userprefsPageInit()

Nisarg Jhaveri nisargjhaveri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:12:38 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Hi Nisard,
> you wrote in your blog "I carried out further performance analysis for
> page-related settings by profiling performance with xdebug. The function
> call to PMA_userprefsPageInit() takes most of the time. I couldn't see
> any way to reduce this time, though."
>
> In PMA_userprefsPageInit() there are five functions called; did you
> verify which of those is taking most of the time?
>
> --
> Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin

Hi Marc,

Here is the slightly more detailed analysis result,

PMA_PageSetting->__construct() takes around 35% of the page load for my
test.

PMA_PageSetting->__construct()
  63.73% -> PMA_userprefsPageInit()
  22.70% -> PMA_PageSettings->_getPageSettingsDisplay()

PMA_PageSettings->_getPageSettingsDisplay()
  98.81% -> FormDisplay->getDisplay()

PMA_userprefsPageInit()
  92.75% -> ConfigFile->updateWithGlobalConfig()

ConfigFile->updateWithGlobalConfig()
  58.29% -> ConfigFile->set (492 times total)
  26.48% -> array_walk performing ConfigFile->_flattenArray() (508 times
total)

Percentages are relative to the parent call.

I still have a slight hope that we can reduce this numbers as we don't need
all the config options processed every time, but I am not so sure about it.

--
Nisarg Jhaveri
નિસર્ગ ઝવેરી