[Phpmyadmin-devel] suggestion

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Jun 19 08:01:43 CEST 2015

Hi

Dne Fri, 19 Jun 2015 01:40:21 +0530
Smita <kumarismita62 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I agree with the idea as well. I think, we can have by default root user as
> the admin and have a config option with value username of admin user. Also,
> ideally it should allow to make multiple(comma separated list of usernames
> as value) or all(may be value "all") users as admin. So here all admin
> users get notification. I'm not sure this the right way, there might be
> better way(may be without config change) to achieve this. Any other
> suggestions ?

I don't think it would work this way - most users are lazy and won't
set it up. I think on shared hosting the maintainer of the server will
almost never use phpMyAdmin, so he won't see the notification anyway,
so best way to handle it there is to set $cfg['VersionCheck'] = false;.

The use case for this feature is single user installing phpMyAdmin for
his own and he should get these notifications regardless username he
has in MySQL.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net