[Phpmyadmin-devel] How to contribute

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Mar 16 16:13:08 CET 2015

Arindam Padhy a écrit :
> sir,
> i want to ask you something regarding my  proposal.
> first of all i am interested in the user interface improvements idea.
> For that i offer you sone proposals and would like you to give me some
> advice on it.
> 1.We can improve the usage of server variables,i.e whenever we want to use
> server variables we need to open the server and for closing also we have to
> open our server,i will try to make changes so that whenever server variable
> is encountered or whenever server is needed to open it will do it
> automatically.
> 2.using sql only through php.
> 3.error reporting part of php

Hi,
please use bottom-posting on this list.

According to
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2015_Ideas_List

"mentors generally do not wish to help a student drafting his proposal.
You can use the phpmyadmin-devel mailing list to ask specific questions
about these ideas."

So, please ask specific questions about the tasks listed in
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2015_Ideas_List#User_interface_improvements

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Le 2015-03-15 13:40, Arindam Padhy a écrit :
>>> it was regarding gsoc. i want to contribute in gsoc 2015, and i am
>>> interested in the idea user interface developments,but sir at present i
>>> am not able to solve the bugs. basically i have a good knowledge of
>>> php,javascript,python,c,c++.i need your guidance for further moves.
>> I believe that I answered you in my previous reply; I talked about
>> implementing feature requests, which is not solving bugs.
>>

>>> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
>>> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Le 2015-03-15 07:17, Arindam Padhy a écrit :
>>>     > i am not able to solve the bugs.what should i do next.?is there any
>>>     > other way through which i can contribute?
>>>     >

>>>     Hi,
>>>     not sure if you are talking about Google Summer of Code, but to
>>>     contribute in general, visit http://phpmyadmin.net and click on
>>>     Contribute.
>>>
>>>     If this is about GSoC, our applicant guide mentions implementing
>> feature
>>>     requests:
>>>

>> https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2015_Applicant_Guide#Get_involved_with_phpMyAdmin
>>>     --
>>>     Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin
>>>

>>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>     Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
>>>     sponsored
>>>     by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
>>>     hub for all
>>>     things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership
>>>     blogs to
>>>     news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join
>> the
>>>     conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

>>> Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
>> sponsored
>>> by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub
>> for all
>>> things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership
>> blogs to
>>> news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the
>>> conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

>> --
>> Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin

>> Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
>> sponsored
>> by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for
>> all
>> things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs
>> news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the
>> conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)