[Phpmyadmin-devel] reporting server and old tickets

Smita kumarismita62 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:18:15 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Atul Pratap Singh <
atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 March 2015 at 23:47, Smita <kumarismita62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>> As a follow-up to [0], should we manually mark old tickets (older than
>>> the current version) as being "out of date", or should it be done
>>> automatically by the reporting server, or none of these?
>>>
>>> Hi
>>
>> I think doing it manually will be very tedious. It would be better if
>> its done from the server itself, may be a mysql query can be written to
>> mark old tickets "out of date".
>>
>> Indeed, a query will be needed to do it manually, maybe the issue is more
> about whether we should do it automatically as well for the newly coming
> reports which belong for older versions?

It seems, I misunderstood the question. Thanks Atul for clarifying.
I think, It would be better if it is marked outdated automatically by
reporting server.
BTW do we need to keep the older reports (outdated marked ones) on our
server? May be, we can remove the ones which are older by 5-6 versions?

--
Smita K.