[Phpmyadmin-devel] Voice commands

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:10:11 CET 2015

> On Mar 21, 2015, at 9:37 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> regarding [0] I feel that we should not merge code to implement voice
> commands support at this point, as it seems that only Chrome supports this.

This is not something I have a great desire to see implemented.

I have not yet had an opportunity to try the patch; I hope to try in the next day or two.

What can we do with voice commands? Things like navigation "go to the Structure page" or "add a new user" but for actually interacting with data, voice commands seem limited. "Delete the row with Bob's email address" or "insert a new row with first name Bob last name Smith ID card number 8675309" is awkward at best. My point here being that most of the work done through the interface is too complex for voice interface so I don't see a need to bring it to the other ancillary areas.

I may have more thoughts after trying it but at least wanted to respond in the meantime.