[Phpmyadmin-devel] ***SPAM*** Regarding Feature Request and Proposal

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 24 13:10:24 CET 2015

Pranav Sharma a écrit :

> Hi phpMyAdmin,
> I just wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Pranav Sharma. I am
> a Computer Science student from Thapar University and wanted to take part
> in this years GSoC with phpMyAdmin. I think you are familiar with me since
> I have been contributing to phpMyAdmin off late. I have also submitted a
> rough draft of my proposal on the google melange site. I was hoping I could
> get some guiding remarks there.

Hi Pranam,
I almost did not see your message because of the three words before
"Pranav Sharma" which are considered spam by SpamAssassin.

> Regarding the Voice Commands: -
> I have been following all the mails, and do agree with Marc and Isaac, that
> phpMyAdmin might not benefit much from voice commands. But I also feel that
> integrating voice commands today, might pave the way for features
> unforeseen today. I feel that voice commands is like taking the moon shot.
> It can be 'innovative' for phpMyAdmin. I am not sure if such a version
> exists, but maybe phpMyAdmin could have an experimental branch; where all
> these innovative things are being tried and tested, and the best ones can
> make it to the final version. I am only thinking out loud.
>
> Regarding feature request
> http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/701/ (Print View CSS)
> 1) Do you mean that getting the html flashed from the query executed,
> should be picked up from the page and displayed in the Print View? I am
> having trouble interpreting Chris Livelys suggestion for the solution.
>
> Regarding feature request
> http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/501/ (Support SSL
> Grant)
> 1) Is this still for GSoC? I believe it has already been implemented

You're right; I just removed it from the ideas list.

https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1616/

> 1) I made appropriate changes so that it wouldnt make any errors regarding
> unexpected end of input. This was basically happening because i wasnt
> returning json data but plain text. However there still persists an issue.
> It is a browser issue and that of Firefox. It seems firefox is unable to
> handle repeatedly polled requests; when the request to the progress script
> is made, it is immediately left dangling, and replaced by the export
> request. I feel that this is some deep browser issue. I have tried a lot of
> googling but in vain. However the solution works beautifully on Chrome. Is
> it possible that a ticket can be opened regarding this issue on firefox.
> The solution is only failing in firefox, I feel that this solution shouldnt
> be abandoned just like this. The help of experienced programmers could help
> salvage/improve the solution for firefox. If you allow, I can make another
> pull request with the updated solution.

Maybe a solution that verifies the browser (user agent) and excludes
Firefox.

--
Marc Delisle (phpMyAdmin)