[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding the Testing environment Wiki

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:20:54 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Our *Testing Environment* Wiki page[0] has a quite a good documentation
along with links on how to install all the dependencies. But the command
stated about installing the PHPUnit_Selenium package under the section
'Installing Selenium'

pear install phpunit/PHPUnit_Selenium

 is deprecated and is not functional now[1].

A general Google-lookup suggests a way of using composer to download the
required package.

The text to be included in composer.json is
'
{
        "require": {
                "phpunit/phpunit": "*",
                "phpunit/phpunit-selenium": ">=1.2"
        }
}
'
and then run

$ php composer.phar install

in the directory where you have your .phar file and composer.json file.

So, I suggest we should make the appropriate changes to the wiki page.

[0] : https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/TestingEnvironment
[1] :
https://github.com/sebastianbergmann/phpunit/wiki/End-of-Life-for-PEAR-Installation-Method

--