[Phpmyadmin-devel] Regarding RFE #701

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Sat May 23 12:29:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

RFE #701 proposes that we should replace the 'Print View' and 'Print View
(with Full Texts)' with a 'Print View' Option which should print out the
CSS of the page only (i.e. whatever exactly is currently displayed on the
page itself).

*I had something in mind about the implementation, but am not able to
figure some details. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. *

*Details of implementation:*
On clicking the 'Print View' link, it will call a click-handler JQuery
function which will get the HTML for the table from the current page,
traverse through the HTML.

Then, make a JSON of relevant information such as SQL Query, No. of  Rows,
Column Heads and then arrays of values in each row *for SQL results* and
information such as Table Name, Rows, Type, Collation, Size, Overhead,
Comment for *db_structure.php and tbl_structure.php*.

Now, send a POST Request to a PHP file and get the $response (PMA_Response)
after making a output with good-looking table and other details and the
'Print' Button.

The main problem I am facing here is that, how should I output the
$response ?

I thought of a very-unlike-PMA way:
Open a new tab with JS and add HTML to it as

var w = window.open();

$(w.document.body).html($html);

​But here I guess there will be difficulty to use PMA_Response with its
headers(and do I actually need to use PMA_Response or can I just print the
$html_output recieved from PHP file).
​

or Can I somehow use 'target="print_view" ' and get the $response to be
shown onto it ?

Also, please suggest any flaws/ possible problems that I may have missed or
if you would suggest a different way.

Thanks.

--

*Regards,Deven G. Bansod*