[phpMyAdmin Developers] Shortcut keys Implementation to pma.

Deven Bansod devenbansod.bits at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:09:05 CEST 2015

Hi Abhishek,

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Abhishek Kanojia <abhishekka3193 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have an idea of implementing shortcut keys to phpmyadmin, which is
> what i am currently working on.
>
> Benefits of shortcut keys:
>
> 1. Ease of access
> 2. Keyboard shortcut allows to work faster then simple navigating
> through the link.
> 3. Improves User Interaction with the application.
>
> Need some suggestions on this .

​phpMyAdmin already has some of the shortcuts like Ctrl/Alt + Arrow keys
for
moving across the editable table cells (grid edit) (implemented for issue
#6068 <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6068>)
​or 'Ctrl + Enter' for​ submitting the 'Insert Row' (on tbl_change.php)
form.
​Another recent issue that was implemented for usability improvement was :
#6207 <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6207>​

Though these ones are already closed, you can take a look at these for
reference
or even find some more in the issue tracker.

​Anyways, what type of ​keyboard shortcuts do you have in mind ?
Could you give an example?

Regards,
Deven Bansod
* <f2012316 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>*