[phpMyAdmin Developers] Shortcut keys Implementation to pma.

Hugues Peccatte hugues.peccatte at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:30:58 CEST 2015

Le sam. 17 oct. 2015 à 13:32, Abhishek Kanojia <abhishekka3193 at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Mine is different from #6068 and #6207 . It is not related to a navigating
> around the tables or changing ctrl + enter for query execution.
>
> Mine works like as follows :
>
> Ctrl + d-- takes you to databases.
> Ctrl + s-- opens the console
> Ctrl + u -- opens users
> Ctrl + e -- export database
> .... and so on.
>
> And there will be another key that will enable or disable the shortcuts.
> Say "ctrl + k". So that any time user want to disable the shortcut can
> switch back and forth to the feature.
> On Oct 17, 2015 4:40 PM, "Deven Bansod" <devenbansod.bits at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Abhishek Kanojia <
>> abhishekka3193 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I have an idea of implementing shortcut keys to phpmyadmin, which is
>>> what i am currently working on.
>>>
>>> Benefits of shortcut keys:
>>>
>>> 1. Ease of access
>>> 2. Keyboard shortcut allows to work faster then simple navigating
>>> through the link.
>>> 3. Improves User Interaction with the application.
>>>
>>> Need some suggestions on this .
>>>

>> ​phpMyAdmin already has some of the shortcuts like Ctrl/Alt + Arrow keys
>> for
>> moving across the editable table cells (grid edit) (implemented for issue
>> #6068 <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6068>)
>> ​or 'Ctrl + Enter' for​ submitting the 'Insert Row' (on tbl_change.php)
>> form.
>> ​Another recent issue that was implemented for usability improvement was
>> : #6207 <https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/6207>​
>>
>> Though these ones are already closed, you can take a look at these for
>> reference
>> or even find some more in the issue tracker.
>>

>> ​Anyways, what type of ​keyboard shortcuts do you have in mind ?
>> Could you give an example?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Deven Bansod

Hi,

I've nothing against shortcuts, but I think that the ones you choose are
not rights:
- ctrl + u : used to see sources in many browsers
- ctrl + s : used to save
- ctrl + e : jump to address bar (in Chromium)

So maybe you should check the current available shortcuts to be sure that
you'ld be able to add many.

H.