[phpMyAdmin Developers] 4.6.5.1??

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:27:58 CET 2016

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 5:12 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Isaac Bennetch píše v Pá 25. 11. 2016 v 07:02 -0600:
>> Do we need a quick release of 4.6.51 because of #12735 ?
>
> I wonder whether we should not release 4.6.5.2 because of #12765:
>
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12765
>
> Leaving this unfixed for two months sounds annoying. Alternative would
> be to release 4.6.6 way sooner than on the two month schedule.

I don't have a strong feeling about this. I dislike making too many releases too often (and we could easily end up pushing point releases for every moderate bug), but this is indeed rather inconvenient. I'm leaning slightly towards doing 4.6.5.2, but would also not be against a quicker release of 4.6.6.

I keep thinking that anything affecting data import and export (or login, for that matter) should get fixed as soon as possible, which does mean 4.6.5.2, so that's why I'm leaning in that direction.