[phpMyAdmin Developers] 4.6.5.1??

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 16:57:37 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 7:42 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Isaac Bennetch píše v Čt 01. 12. 2016 v 06:27 -0500:
>> > On Dec 1, 2016, at 5:12 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi

>> > I wonder whether we should not release 4.6.5.2 because of #12765:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12765
>> >
>> > Leaving this unfixed for two months sounds annoying. Alternative
>> > would
>> > be to release 4.6.6 way sooner than on the two month schedule.
>>
>> I don't have a strong feeling about this. I dislike making too many
>> releases too often (and we could easily end up pushing point releases
>> for every moderate bug), but this is indeed rather inconvenient. I'm
>> leaning slightly towards doing 4.6.5.2, but would also not be against
>> a quicker release of 4.6.6.
>
> I think this is especially problematic as it corrupts exported data and
> user might not notice this breakage until he needs the backup he made
> using broken code...
>
>> I keep thinking that anything affecting data import and export (or
>> login, for that matter) should get fixed as soon as possible, which
>> does mean 4.6.5.2, so that's why I'm leaning in that direction.
>
> I'm fine with either choices :-).

Having had a few days to think about it, I think we should release
4.6.5.2 to address the export issue. I don't see anything else in the
QA_4_6 changelog that needs to be included.

I believe the best way to handle this is for me to git cherry-pick
e61b2135da52051bb158c37b9eed35d734bf441c in to the 4.6.5.1 branch,
which will bring only that fix in. I don't believe this will cause any
trouble when merging in the future (besides, we don't expect to merge
from RELEASE_4_6_5_2 in to QA_4_6 anyway).

If no one objects I plan to perform the release as soon as I'm able,
which may be later today or tomorrow.