[phpMyAdmin Developers] Wiki

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Dec 14 10:48:36 CET 2016

Hi all

I think it's time to resurrect this topic :-).

Let me summarize current state:

* wiki.phpmyadmin.net was shut down due to problems we had with
outdated MediaWiki version

* it's content has been imported to GitHub wiki

* the website now redirects to GitHub wiki

We've lost some of the functions because of this, but on the other
side, I don't think we really miss them (maybe besides categories).
Please let me know which things do you miss.

Overall I think the GitHub wiki works quite well:

* there is very small amount of spam

* it does not require any maintenance from us

* I can git clone the content and edit it locally

Do you see good reasons to use some other wiki engine?

--
	Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/