[phpMyAdmin Developers] Schedule for 4.6

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:41:23 CET 2016

Hi,

On 2/4/16 9:30 AM, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
>
> looking at the milestones [1] and remembering past discussions, we
> should be getting ready for releasing 4.6. It's planned for release in a
> month, so it's about time to do feature freeze...
>
> Do we want to keep this schedule? If so, I suggest branching QA_4_6 soon.
>
> [1]:https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/milestones

I'm okay with a feature freeze, but I think there are several bugs that
are still blocking 4.6.

What do you think? I think there are enough features and fixes that we
should release 4.6 relatively soon.

My suggestion is that we should use the milestone for issues that are
blockers for the release, for instance I'd like to add the 4.6.0
milestone to https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/11916 so
that we can see at a glance that the issue needs to be fixed before the
release. This is a bit of a change from how we've been using milestones
which has -generally- been only to mark an issue after it's been fixed.

Does the release of 4.6 mean there will be no 4.5.4, or do we plan to
support 4.5 for some time after the release of 4.6?