[phpMyAdmin Developers] SQL parser handling

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Sat Feb 13 10:17:21 CET 2016

Le 11/02/2016 08:14, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne 10.2.2016 v 18:00 Dan Ungureanu napsal(a):
>> As far as I know, submodules must be pulled manually and this might
>> confuse people.
>
> Indeed that's true, but that's true for Composer as well :-).
>
>> The script that generates the release can be modified to install
>> Composer dependencies first and then create the tarball.
>
> That's an option as well. Looking at the external libraries we use, some
> of them are available in packagist as well (tcpdf, phpseclib).

One important thing for downstream distribution of phpMyAdmin is to be
able to easily track such external dependencies.

At least having this information (in changelog) seems useful for us

ex: - update udan11/sql-parser to 3.1.0

(IIRC, at some point I have missed the switch from phpseclib v1 to v2)

Composer.json also is a nice way to have good description of dependency

      requires: {
        "udan11/sql-parser": "^3.1",
      }

And composer.lock in the release tag gives even more information (exact
version, commit reference, for each bundled external lib).

Having a "vendor" dir with all the external lib is rather a good thing,
and easy to manage downstream, just have to remove its content and
create an vendor/autoload.php to use the system libraries instead.

This can also allow to cleanup the libraries/vendor_config.php file.

Of course, the "vendor" dir have to be included in the distributed
tarball, but doesn't have to be in the git repo, developer are probably
used to run "composer install" in such project.

Remi.