[phpMyAdmin Developers] How to connect to phpMyAdmin in linux from local?

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:05:38 CEST 2016

Hello Liang,

On 7/1/16 5:35 AM, intern1 at ex-mag.com wrote:
> Dear Mr/Mrs,
>

>     1) I have vb program at local and I want to write connection string
>     to link with phpmyadmin in linux. My connection string in mysql is :

phpMyAdmin is an application to help manage a MySQL or MariaDB database;
it's not a database platform itself. So your VB program will need to
connect directly to the database, not phpMyAdmin.

> "server=localhost; user id=root; password=123456;
> database=pharmacy_posicnet; pooling=false;"
> For phpmhyadmin, what should I do if I want to link with phpmyadmin in
> linux? I tried with using
> "server=192.168.1.130; user id=root; password=123456;
> database=pharmacy_posicnet; pooling=false;"
> According my previous knowledge, in this connection it should be works
> but after i tried several time it still failed to connect. Please advise
> me correct connection string.

I don't know much about using VB in this way; you should ask on a VB
programming forum or even a general interest forum such as
http://stackoverflow.com/

> 2) Is that possible if I create connection to linux phpMyAdmin through
> local phpMyAdmin?

As long as your remote MySQL/MariaDB user has allowed connections from
your local machine, and as long as there isn't any firewall or other
network restriction blocking your connection, you can do so by defining
the appropriate 'host' in config.inc.php. You may find
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Multiserver helpful

> Below is the details of phpMyAdmin in Linux.

[content trimmed]

This mailing list is for discussing development of phpMyAdmin; you're
much more likely to get good help for general programming inquiries from
a site such as StackOverflow.

Good luck,
Isaac