[phpMyAdmin Developers] Get involved in phpMyAdmin community

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:13:26 CEST 2016

Reply is in-line below:

On 6/28/16 10:28 AM, Pranavan New wrote:

> Hello Isaac,
>
> Thanks a lot for your prompt reply as well as for your valuable
> guidance. I've gone through the issue tracker and found so many interesting
> problems. I really like to start working on an issue soon as possible.
> In the meantime I  myself found an issue in phpMyAdmin (version 4.6.2) which is not listed in the issue tracker. I've discussed it below.
>

> When creating a routine using SQL commands in console, if we use label for loop
>
> (eg: student_loop : LOOP), it identifies colon (:) as an unexpected token and shows error symbol at that line. But when we execute (i.e: when pressing "Go" button), it works fine without pushing any errors. Then when try to export, again it shows as there is an error at line which defines the label, but which is actually not an error.
> Please check the images I attached with this mail for further clarifications.
>
> Is it okay if I open this as a new issue in the issues list?
> Also shall I start working on it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, this looks like a bug with the parser -- which is maintained as a
separate repository https://github.com/phpmyadmin/sql-parser but then
included in the main phpMyAdmin distribution through a Composer package.
I haven't actually done any work on the parser myself, but guess the
proper approach would be to checkout the phpmyadmin repository, then
check out the sql-parser repository in the vendor subdirectory so you
can do development work there. Perhaps someone else from the team can
chime in if there's a better way.

Please do open an issue about this.

Thanks