[phpMyAdmin Developers] Any blockers for phpMyAdmin 4.6.0 ?

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:04:31 CET 2016

On 3/21/16 8:58 AM, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hello
>
> Dne 21.3.2016 v 13:46 Isaac Bennetch napsal(a):
>> As you know, we're quickly approaching the scheduled release date for
>> 4.6.0. Does anyone see any bugs that might block the release? There
>> currently aren't any tagged at
>> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/milestones but since we're
>> about a day away from the scheduled release I thought I should check in.
>
> I don't see anything important. Of course there are some parser bugs
> which are annoying, but those were already in 4.5.x, so I don't see them
> as a blocker for 4.6.0.

Specifically such as these:

* https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12112
* https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12100
* https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12071

As Michal wrote, these already exist in 4.5 also so they're not new,
just annoying.

And there's the regression when running with lower_case_names = 2 on
systems where MySQL does not suggest doing so,
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/11816 which used to work
better than it does now despite being not recommended.

Of course I'd like to ship each release without any remaining issues but
this isn't practical, so it looks like we're still on schedule for 4.6.0
tomorrow.