[phpMyAdmin Developers] GSOC 2017 - Manish Bisht Introduction - Contributing Guide

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:40:00 CET 2017

Hi Manish Bisht,

On 2/27/17 12:48 PM, Manish Bisht wrote:
> Congratulations to all, PhpMyAdmin selected for GSOC' 17.
>
> As I have said that I am interested in "Enhancement collection B". Also
> I want to know how to contact the mentor for this project. The name
> mentioned was User:Ibennetch. Where I can contact him ?

Thanks for calling this to my attention, I have updated my page at
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/wiki/User:Ibennetch - this was
missing due to an oversight.

In general, if you have specific questions or just generally wish to
introduce yourself, this mailing list is the best place. I'm certainly
available by individual email for private matters, but at this point
most information is helpful to all potential students and better handled
on the mailing list.

> Also is this
> project is in priority I am asking this question because to get to know
> that how much useful this project after completion will be for the
> community. As I have seen that it contains good list of features and
> making responsive is best task as now things are going mobile first.

You are welcome to customize your application by adding or removing
features, as long as your schedule is reasonable to fill the expected
time frame. If there are specific implementation details about the
responsive design that you wish to discuss with the development team,
you can either do that publicly on this mailing list or by submitting
your application early and asking for feedback. If Google handles the
application process like they have done in the past, your application
can be edited until the deadline and we will make comments through the
GSoC interface.

Regards,
Isaac