[phpMyAdmin Developers] GSoC Query

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:21:52 CET 2017

Hi Piyush,

On 2/28/17 6:03 AM, Piyush Agrawal wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Excited to see PHPMyAdmin in GSoC 2017.
>
> I'm Piyush, second year engineering student from Delhi, India and
> interested in taking part in GSoC under PHPMyAdmin.
> One question, what will be the main criteria for selection? Is it the
> project proposal or our contributions to PHPMyAdmin?

I would say the proposal is more important. The requested contribution
is so that those who hope to participate can become familiar with
submitting a pull request and demonstrate that they have adequate
understanding of how the phpMyAdmin code works together. As part of
reviewing pull requests, we perform code reviews, so applicants should
show that they can be responsive to comments posted there.

Basically, the code contribution portion is to make sure an applicant is
able to work within the project; the rest of the application selection
will be determined through the proposal itself.

Hope this helps,
Isaac