[phpMyAdmin Developers] .po merge conflicts going from QA_4_6 to master

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jan 17 14:30:30 CET 2017

Hi

Isaac Bennetch píše v Čt 12. 01. 2017 v 15:13 -0500:
> Hi,
>
> I've made some commit to QA_4_6, which I wish to merge in to master.
> get a conflict on a .po file. According to [1], I can complete the
> merge with a couple of different techniques depending on which
> situation I'm in. Unfortunately, this portion doesn't make much sense
> to me. Can I get some assistance with figuring out how to work
> effectively with a conflict in the .po files?

If there are only .po files changes, you can ignore them as they are
done on both QA_4_6 and master, so using git merge -s ours
origin/QA_4_6 is the right approach in this case.

If there are some code changes as well, you need to go through the
history and merge coding changes properly (by git merge HASH) and
skipping the .po changes (by git merge -s ours HASH).

I've fixed formatting of the wiki page to make it easier to read...

--
	Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/