[phpMyAdmin Developers] phpmyadmin database update

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 13:32:21 CEST 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 7:07 AM, Manish Bisht <manish.bisht490 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To store the import/export progress I have added one new table in sql/create_tables.sql file but I can't see my new table in the phpmyadmin database. How to update phpmyadmin database from that file. I guess there is something that do it automatically instead of manually executing the statement.

Actually, that file needs to be run manually by the user. There is the zero configuration process which can run it for a user automatically in certain cases, but it really is intended for manual use.

The documentation tells users how to use it in this section https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#phpmyadmin-configuration-storage. The script is safe to run repeatedly, so to upgrade from an old style structure to one that includes your changes, users can just run the script again.