[phpMyAdmin Developers] Fallback to default table names and database

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:29:39 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 6:14 PM Manish Bisht <manish.bisht490 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on this feature
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/12887
>
> Till now I have set default database and table names. Should I set the
> default control user also to `phpmyadmin` So that you only have to set
> the control pass in the `config.inc.php` file.
>
> I think people give the user name according to user preference so its
> better so set it from `config.inc.php` file but I am looking for the
> community feedback so that I can implement in that way.

Personally, I agree and think we should not set a default username. Since
the user already has to put their password in config.inc.php, I don't think
it's asking much more for them to put in their username as well, and in my
opinion that's a good place to draw the line. It makes sense not to have to
set all the defaults for the table names, but to enter a username and
password to enable the feature.