[phpMyAdmin Developers] Single location for classes

MaurĂ­cio Meneghini Fauth mauriciofauth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 02:35:59 CEST 2017

Hello

Currently, classes do not have a single location in the directory
structure. The class files are mixed with other kinds of files in the
libraries directory, and the PMA namespace points to the root path which
causes all classes to have a namespace that begins with PMA\libraries. This
affects the performance of the autoloader.

One solution to solve this problem would be to move the classes to a new
directory that contains only class files and create a new namespace that
points to that directory.
The directory can have any name that describes it, like lib, classes,
includes or src, but what I usually see in open source projects is the src
directory.

Then we can use the namespace PhpMyAdmin, which is already used in
SqlParser, in the src directory, and after all classes are moved to that
directory, we remove the PMA namespace.

I would like to hear your opinion on this subject.

Best regards
MaurĂ­cio Meneghini Fauth