[phpMyAdmin Developers] Releasing the next version

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:57:02 CET 2018

I think I'd like to release the next version, probably 4.8.4.1, in the
next few days. You can track some issues at
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/milestone/247 (and
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/milestone/247?closed=1).

We're accumulating a number of fixes, but most of them are regressions
from the security fix introduced in 4.8.4, so in those cases making a
quick 4.8.4.1 release would make sense.

I wonder what everyone thinks about this, are we good to do 4.8.4.1
soon? I think the view issue (13788) and the urldecode issue (14791)
should probably go to 4.8.5, but the rest seem reasonable to put in
4.8.4.1. I'd probably include #14794, the issue about Text_Plain_Sql,
in 4.8.4.1, even though it isn't a new issue it's a very small typo so
I think the argument could be made to go either way with it.

Any other thoughts?
Isaac