[phpMyAdmin Developers] Issue 13654

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 20:12:37 CET 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Saksham Gupta <shucon01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am starting to work on https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/
> 13654. There are a few ideas coming to my mind, and I think the best way
> to accomplish this is to go to the login page instead of creating a modal
> and staying on the same page. After logging in again the page goes to the
> last opened page with the data intact. It's more preferable from security
> point of view as creating a modal would still enable to extract the data
> easily. Any suggestions?

I agree that it's better to return to the login page. After
re-authenticating, we should be returned to the same page we were on with
all data intact, I agree with that part as well. The concern is if a user
has entered a large amount of data and where we would store the data. I
believe the last time we discussed this, browser storage was not
standardized so it wasn't usable. Now perhaps that's a good option.

Isaac