[phpMyAdmin Developers] Gitter room for GSoC discussions

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:59:12 CET 2018

Hello,

I've created a Gitter room[1] for discussions related to Google Summer
of Code. We've had several requests from potential students to use
this tool, but because we don't use it as a development team this room
is running on a trial basis.

Since a portion of the student application period involves reaching
out to the team and introducing themselves, we thought this was a good
opportunity to introduce Gitter to our workflow. This email list will
remain the primary communication channel, but students who are more
comfortable with Gitter are welcome to use that instead.

I've also added a section to the wiki[2] encouraging students to
introduce themselves early in the process.

Any feedback on these changes is welcome.

Isaac

1 - https://gitter.im/phpmyadmin/GSoC
2 - https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/wiki/GSoC_2018_applicant_guide/_compare/977a44695ee4b850fa574be01aa551af34971621...322a84807c70bf23ae6d0884c9f57d90f330df1a