[phpMyAdmin Developers] Test failure

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:06:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the testsuite. The daily builds are not
updating, and it looks like it's because the testsuite for phpMyAdmin
5.0-snapshot is failing (ultimately, MySQL on the build server doesn't
allow the testsuite to authenticate with the stored credentials, but I
think that's secondary to the problem I describe below).

When I run the failing test from the QA branch, it is shown as skipped:

> ./vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit.xml.nocoverage test/Environment_test.php
> There was 1 skipped test:
>
> 1) Environment_Test::testMySQL
> Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

However, from master, it fails:

> ./vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit.xml.nocoverage test/EnvironmentTest.php
> There was 1 error:
>
> 1) PhpMyAdmin\Tests\EnvironmentTest::testMySQL
> PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I don't see anything obvious that would make these two behave
differently. Do you have any thoughts to help me out?

Isaac