[phpMyAdmin Developers] New to this thing

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:54:03 CET 2018

Hello Raja Siddharth Raju,

Are you interested in working with phpMyAdmin for Google Summer of code?
If yes, then the GSoC landing page at
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/wiki/GSoC_home and in particular
the application guide are going to be a good place for you to start.

Either way, your best course forward is to just jump in. Start chatting on
the mailing list, test some reported bugs on the issue tracker to see if
they still apply to current versions, try to fix a few bugs tagged "newbie"
or "help wanted". A good place to start contributing is at
https://www.phpmyadmin.net/contribute/

Given your interest in cyber security, I'll just mention that we have a
specific page for responsibly reporting security vulnerabilities:
https://www.phpmyadmin.net/security/

Regards,
Isaac