[phpMyAdmin Developers] 4.8.0 and QA_4_8

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:58:53 CEST 2018

Hello,

I've released 4.8.0-rc1, which means several things.

* There are still many pull requests pending. We have decided to keep to
the release schedule for 4.8.0 rather than waiting for more testing and
merging of these pull requests. If you've contributed and your pull
request hasn't yet been merged, perhaps it can be part of 4.8.1 which I
anticipate in April.

* We are now in a feature freeze for 4.8.0; I've branched QA_4_8 to
accommodate this.

* I anticipate releasing 4.9.0 towards the end of the summer so that the
work of our GSoC students can be put to use quickly. I feel that we
waited too long for 4.8.0 (for which I blame myself).

* I also anticipate releasing 4.8.1 toward the end of April, in about a
month's time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me and/or the list know.

Isaac