[phpMyAdmin Developers] Suggestions regarding data restore after expired session.

Saksham Gupta shucon01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:33:04 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

Isaac and I were having a discussion regarding the issue
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/13654 . Currently a partial
implementation https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/14046 was
merged and the following problems came into light:

1. "No auto-saved query" warning was displayed every time if there was no
previously saved query.
2. If there was a previously saved query it stayed there indefinitely
unless changed.

I proposed a fix https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/14094 but
the problem is if the user logout on the sql page then the query would be
saved for the next time. Although it could be fixed, Isaac suggested the
idea of introducing a Restore button to restore the queries instead of
showing the saved query every time. I think it's a better solution and it
would make things easier to implement similar feature on insert page. Any
suggestions??

Regards,
Saksham Gupta (shucon)
https://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~saksham.gupta