[phpMyAdmin Developers] Docker questions

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:36:10 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to work on and test the docker container and having some
trouble doing local development off of the repository.

from my phpmyadmin/docker repository:
docker build -t pmadocker .
docker run -name mydocker -d -e PMA_ARBITRARY=1 -p 8080:80 pmadocker

Trying to log in does give the login page, but it doesn't have the
server field. I've also tried with PMA_HOST=192.168.23.1 and it
doesn't work, either. Basically, this doesn't seem to pass environment
variables (PMA_ARBITRARY or PMA_HOST if I instead specify that).

Using the Docker Hub build does work:
docker run --name myadmin -d -p 8081:80 -e PMA_ARBITRARY=1 phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?