[phpMyAdmin Developers] Library version numbers

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:44:26 CET 2019

Hi team,

Our library project version numbers are a bit of a mess right now. We
maintain sql-parser, motranslator, and shapefile.

For sql-parser, we use git tags of the style "v4.3.1" and I'd like to
get rid of the "v" so tags are simply "5.0.0" and so on. This might
require a tweak to our infrastructure to create the GitHub release
(https://github.com/phpmyadmin/sql-parser/releases).

The other two use x.y style release names, and I'd like to add a patch
version so all tags moving forward are three numbers (x.y.z).

Any comments, support, or objections?