[phpMyAdmin Developers] Security announcement: phpMyAdmin 4.8.5 is released
bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 04:46:53 CET 2019
The phpMyAdmin team announces the release of phpMyAdmin version 4.8.5.
Among other bug fixes, this contains several important security fixes.
Upgrading is highly recommended for all users.
The security fixes involve:
* Arbitrary file read vulnerability
* SQL injection in the Designer interface
The arbitrary file read vulnerability could also be exploited to delete
arbitrary files on the server. This attack requires that phpMyAdmin be
run with the $cfg['AllowArbitraryServer'] directive set to true, which
is not the default. An attacker must run a malicious server process that
will masquerade as a MySQL server. This exploit has been found and fixed
recently in several other related projects and appears to be caused by a
bug in PHP (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=77496).
In addition to the security fixes, this release also includes these bug
fixes and more as part of our regular release cycle:
* Export to SQL format not available
* QR code not shown when adding two-factor authentication to a user
* Issue with adding a new user in MySQL 8.0.11 and newer
* Frozen interface relating to Text_Plain_Sql plugin
* Table level Operations tab was missing
And several more. Complete notes are in the ChangeLog file included with
As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Developers