[phpMyAdmin Developers] QA_5_0 is now available

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 04:42:57 CEST 2019

Hi developers,

I am releasing 5.0.0-alpha, which means we now have QA_5_0. Please
note these branches and procedures when creating pull requests.

QA_4_9: For bug fixes to 4.9.x, which soon will enter LTS status
(critical bugfixes only)
QA_5_0: For bugfix work that will become part of 5.0.0. This branch
should be feature frozen at this point, if you require an exception to
this please discuss it with the development team
master: Standard ongoing development branch including new features.

When creating a bugfix, please target the oldest appropriate branch
(QA_4_9 or QA_5_0). The development team member who merges a change
should also periodically merge QA_4_9 into QA_5_0 and from QA_5_0 into
master, to maintain a somewhat orderly commit history.

If anyone has questions, please ask here or find me on Gitter.

Best wishes,
Isaac