[phpMyAdmin Developers] Update phpMyAdmin

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:02:53 CEST 2019

Hi Stefan,

On 7/29/19 5:21 AM, sl at mediavuk.com wrote:

> Greeting,
>
> I would like to update phpMyAdmin on the latest version.
> I have an installed application on My Cloud WD EX2 Ultra.
> Current version is: 4.0.10.20
> How can I update?

The application was probably installed through the Western Digital
interface; there is a packaged version that's maintained either by WD
themselves or some community member. It seems that package is not being
updated. Since we don't maintain that package directly, we can't force
them to update it.

For your purposes, I suggest uninstalling the package and manually
installing the latest version
(https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#quick-install). You
should also pay attention to the requirements
(https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/require.html); recent phpMyAdmin
versions have minimum requirements of PHP 7.1.3 or newer and MySQL or
MariaDB 5.5 or newer. Version 4.0.x is quite old, vulnerable to several
security bugs, and not receiving bugfixes any longer. You'll need FTP or
shell access to your device in order to place the files in the folder
being served by the webserver process (on my Linux machine it's
/var/www/ but I can't guess what location your My Cloud device would use).

Good luck,
Isaac