[phpMyAdmin Developers] Phpmyadmin/prefs_twofactor.php missing emergency codes

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:29:26 CEST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM Rodoodoo Kaaheeen
<stratege1401 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Mycfirst message to the devs, hoping not to do errors.
>

> Concerning twofactors use, when activated, no emergency codes are generated.
> Is this normal ?? Usually, on almost any twofactors system emergency code are created.
> Pretty sure this is a must have, no ??

Due to the other methods of accessing the server out-of-band, I think
I wouldn't call it a "must-have" feature. However, we do have a
feature request about adding this, you're welcome to add your comment
or upvote to https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/14511

Administrators can currently reset an individual user's account by
editing the phpMyAdmin configuration storage database directly.

Best wishes,
Isaac