[phpMyAdmin Developers] Bug Posted by Another User

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:11:38 CEST 2019

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You're correct that the attack vector
here is quite small, and as such when it was first reported we decided
to fix it as part of our regular bugfixing process, targeting
phpMyAdmin 4.9.1. The fix is actually already completed in a private
way where we track security patches, just waiting for me to release
4.9.1.

There was indeed a report to our private security list, so that's why
you didn't see it referenced in the public archives.

Thanks for the kind words, we always love hearing from our users. We
also appreciate you calling our attention to this publication.

Isaac