[phpMyAdmin Developers] altering a data type in existing database table

hector.mcneill at hectormcneill.com hector.mcneill at hectormcneill.com
Mon Sep 23 17:06:11 CEST 2019

I am new to mysql/myphoadmin but have created a table in a database and inserted data via PHP
This worked OK but one of the fields is truncated. It is one I set at decimal instead of decimal(3.2) ie type 4.25;
How can I use myphadmin to to alter just this item - it doesnt matter if this disturbs the data since I have emptied the table BUT I dont know how to get to the correct dialog to alter the datatype. Is there a troubleshhooting or maintenance manual somewhere which might contain this info. I realise this is pretty basic but I cant find the solution.
Help very much appreciated.
Heki