[phpMyAdmin Developers] A little question

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:10:16 CEST 2020

Hi SeeZzer,

Guten Tag. Your English is fine, I was perfectly able to understand you.

Installing phpMyAdmin doesn't do anything to your existing databases
(unless you install with a package manager like Debian/Ubuntu's apt
tools, which can install an extra database for you to use the
phpMyAdmin advanced features). If you use a pre-packaged kit like
XAMPP or WAMP, they usually install the complete stack of applications
and will install their own MySQL server, which probably won't remove
yours but would cause conflict. So don't use XAMPP or WAMP at this
point for that reason. It's never a bad idea to do a database backup
before performing new tasks like installing new software, but there's
nothing about the phpMyAdmin installation that should remove any
existing databases.

Cheers,
Isaac