[phpMyAdmin Developers] Cache warmup fails if composer is run with --no-dev

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:14:32 CET 2020

I'm trying to fix the build script so I can release phpMyAdmin 5.1.0, but
I've hit a strange issue with Composer and the cache warmup.

I've manually defined all the "dev" packages as required, so that whether I
run "composer update" or "composer update --no-dev" there are no changes to
the installed packages.

# composer update --no-dev
# ./scripts/console cache:warmup --routing
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'PhpMyAdmin\Tests\Stubs\DbiDummy'
not found in
/var/www/pma-dev/fork/release/phpMyAdmin-5.1.0-rc1/scripts/console:41
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in
/var/www/pma-dev/fork/release/phpMyAdmin-5.1.0-rc1/scripts/console on line
41

But
# composer update
# ./scripts/console cache:warmup --routing

runs correctly...

Any thoughts about this? I'd like to build the release without requiring
all of the dev packages, but if I can't warm up the cache as part of the
build, on first run phpMyAdmin throws an error message because ./cache/
isn't writable by the webserver process.

Any thoughts about this?