[Phpmyadmin-news] phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-rc1 is released
Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sun Nov 20 06:30:04 CET 2005
_ __ __ _ _ _
_ __ | |__ _ __ | \/ |_ _ / \ __| |_ __ ___ (_)_ __
| "_ \| "_ \| "_ \| |\/| | | | | / _ \ / _` | "_ ` _ \| | "_ \
| |_) | | | | |_) | | | | |_| |/ ___ \ (_| | | | | | | | | | |
| .__/|_| |_| .__/|_| |_|\__, /_/ \_\__,_|_| |_| |_|_|_| |_|
|_| |_| |___/ 2.7.0-rc1
phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-rc1 - November 20th, 2005
A set of PHP-scripts to administrate MySQL over the Web.
The phpMyAdmin Project is proud to announce the immediate
availability of the first release candidate for phpMyAdmin 2.7.0.
Testing for -beta1 went well, so we are encouraged to present you this
phpMyAdmin is a web administration tool for MySQL databases, intended to
handle a whole database server as well as a single database. Over the years,
it has become the most popular Web GUI for MySQL and is downloaded
and 14,000 times a day, according to SourceForge.net.
* Configuration files coming from before phpMyAdmin 2.3.0 (released on
are no longer supported.
* You can still use your config.inc.php file, but this file can be simplified,
containing only the parameters you want to change from their
value in config.default.php.
* New plugin-based import module
* Some pages now use fieldsets for better look
* Better support for information_schema
* Upgrade script new options
* Better displaying of privileges when there are differences between the
user definition tables
* Structure: count unique value for each field
* Can now limit the list of shown languages
* User-specific upload and save server directories
* Remove Drop tab for mysql database
* New transformation: SQL pretty printing
* Ability to limit maximum size of extended insert
* Support for searching in the foreign key window
* Can now replace an existing bookmark
* New shortcuts for IP rules
* Detect lack of privileges for "Create new table"
* Wrong display of localized MySQL error messages
* Need to select the primary key for MIME-based print view
* Handling of ENTER key when adding fields
* InnoDB: truncating icon and exact row count
* After dropping a db, links were missing
* Strict mode and auto-increment fields insertion
* Collation change for ENUM and SET
* Display problems on special characters in column name
* Links for MySQL documentation
* Escaping of "_"
* Could not edit privileges when different host in db and user
* Changing auto-increment value for InnoDB
* Correct sort order for foreign-key dropdowns
* Group database by rightmost separator
* Performance problem when inserting huge BLOBs
* Calendar popup and time beginning by 0
* ... and many more...
Detailed list of changes is available under
This software is available under the GNU General Public License V2.0.
You can get the newest version at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
Available file formats are: .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2.
If you install phpMyAdmin on your system, it's recommended to
subscribe to the news mailing list by adding your address under
This way, you will be informed of new updates and security fixes.
It is a read only list, and traffic is not greater than a few
mail every year.
Support and Documentation
The documentation is included in the software package as text and
HTML file, but can also be downloaded from:
The software is provided as is without any express or implied
warranty, but there is a bugs tracker page under:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Bugs"]
In addition, there are also a number of discussion lists
related to phpMyAdmin. A list of mailing lists with archives
is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Lists"]
Finally, an users support forum is also available under:
Please subscribe to the news mailing list under
or regularly check the sourceforge bugs tracker.
The project accepts donations to help improve the product. There is
a "Donations" link on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.
phpMyAdmin handles the administration of MySQL over the Web. It
can manage a whole MySQL server as well as a single database.
Currently it can:
- create, copy, rename and drop databases
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter tables
- do table maintenance
- delete, edit and add fields
- execute any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage keys on fields
- load text files into tables
- create and read dumps of tables
- export data to CSV, XML and Latex formats
- administer multiple servers
- manage MySQL users and privileges
- check referential integrity
- using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries automatically
connecting required tables
- create PDF graphics of your Database layout
- search globally in a database or a subset of it
- communicate in 50 different languages
Authors & Copyright
Copyright (C) 1998-2000 Tobias Ratschiller <tobias_at_ratschiller..com>
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle_at_cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca>
Olivier Müller <om_at_omnis.ch>
Robin Johnson <robbat2_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Alexander M. Turek <me_at_derrabus.de>
Michal Cihar <michal_at_cihar.com>
Garvin Hicking <me_at_supergarv.de>
Marcel Tschopp <ne0x_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Sebastian Mendel <cybot_tm_at_users.sourceforge.net>
+ many other people
(check the CREDITS section of our documentation)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Marc Delisle/ 2005-11-20
More information about the News