[Phpmyadmin-news] phpMyAdmin 2.9.0-beta1 is released
Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Aug 24 13:48:58 CEST 2006
_ __ __ _ _ _
_ __ | |__ _ __ | \/ |_ _ / \ __| |_ __ ___ (_)_ __
| "_ \| "_ \| "_ \| |\/| | | | | / _ \ / _` | "_ ` _ \| | "_ \
| |_) | | | | |_) | | | | |_| |/ ___ \ (_| | | | | | | | | | |
| .__/|_| |_| .__/|_| |_|\__, /_/ \_\__,_|_| |_| |_|_|_| |_|
|_| |_| |___/ 2.9.0 beta 1
phpMyAdmin 2.9.0-beta1 - August 24, 2006
A set of PHP-scripts to administrate MySQL over the Web.
The phpMyAdmin Project is proud to announce the immediate
of the first beta for phpMyAdmin 2.9.0.
phpMyAdmin is a web administration tool for MySQL databases,
handle a whole database server as well as a single database.
Over the years,
it has become the most popular Web GUI for MySQL and is
6,000 and 14,000 times a day, according to SourceForge.net.
* Improved readability of setup panels
* PDF schema: automatic layout for InnoDB
* Font size selector on main page
* Export: support for procedures and functions
* Can hide "Create Database" dialog
* Customizable link under left logo
* Export: "Open Document Text", "Open Document spreadsheet" formats
* Export: new plugin architecture
* User management: can create a db with the same name as created user
* Use IEC binary units (KiB, MiB, ...)
* Import: SQL compatibility selector
* Possibility of using external authentication and use an empty
Detailed list of changes is available under
This software is available under the GNU General Public License
You can get the newest version at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
Available file formats are: .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2.
If you install phpMyAdmin on your system, it's recommended to
subscribe to the news mailing list by adding your address under
This way, you will be informed of new updates and security fixes.
It is a read only list, and traffic is not greater than a few
mail every year.
Support and Documentation
The documentation is included in the software package as text and
HTML file, but can also be downloaded from:
The software is provided as is without any express or implied
warranty, but there is a bugs tracker page under:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Bugs"]
In addition, there are also a number of discussion lists
related to phpMyAdmin. A list of mailing lists with archives
is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Lists"]
Finally, an users support forum is also available under:
Please subscribe to the news mailing list under
or regularly check the sourceforge bugs tracker.
The project accepts donations to help improve the product. There is
a "Donations" link on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.
phpMyAdmin handles the administration of MySQL over the Web. It
can manage a whole MySQL server as well as a single database.
Currently it can:
* easily browse through databases and tables
* create, copy, rename, alter and drop databases
* create, copy, rename, alter and drop tables
* do table maintenance
* add, edit and drop fields
* execute any SQL-statement, even multiple queries
* create, alter and drop indexes
* load text files into tables
* create (*) and read dumps of tables or databases
* export (*) data to SQL, CSV, XML, Word, Excel, PDF and Latex formats
* administer multiple servers
* manage MySQL users and privileges
* check server settings and runtime information with configuration
* check referential integrity in MyISAM tables
* using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries automatically
connecting required tables
* create PDF graphics of your Database layout
* search globally in a database or a subset of it
* transform stored data into any format using a set of predefined
like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
* support InnoDB tables and foreign keys (see FAQ 3.6)
* support mysqli, the improved MySQL extension (see FAQ 1.17)
* communicate in 50 different languages
(*) phpMyAdmin can compress (Zip, GZip -RFC 1952- or Bzip2
dumps and CSV exports if you use PHP4 >= 4.0.4 with Zlib
(--with-zlib) and/or Bzip2 support (--with-bz2).
Authors & Copyright
Copyright (C) 1998-2000 Tobias Ratschiller
Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Marc Delisle
Olivier Müller <om_at_omnis.ch>
Alexander M. Turek <me_at_derrabus.de>
Michal Cihar <michal_at_cihar.com>
Garvin Hicking <me_at_supergarv.de>
+ many other people
(check the CREDITS section of our
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
Marc Delisle/ 2006-08-24
More information about the News