[Phpmyadmin-news] Announcing phpMyAdmin's GSoC 2011 projects and students

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Apr 26 13:46:23 CEST 2011

We would like to announce that phpMyAdmin will have eight projects in
Google Summer of Code 2011.

We've received 54 applications, what is much more than we are able to
mentor and it was sometimes a tough process to select the best ones. We
would like to thank all people who have applied, for their time and
energy; we hope that not being selected for this summer will not
prevent them from contributing to phpMyAdmin.

The final eight chosen projects are:

* OpenGIS support for phpMyAdmin by Madhura Jayaratne

* Zoom-search by Ammar Yasir

* Browse-mode Improvements ++ by Aris Feryanto

* Drizzle support by Piotr Przybylski

* AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface by Thilanka Kaushalya

* Support for Procedures: Creating a user friendly interface for the
  manipulation of routines, triggers and events in phpMyAdmin by
  Rouslan Placella

* Query statistics & charts for the status page by Tyron

* phpMyAdmin Automated Testing by Zarubin Stas

Good luck to all students to complete all the projects successfully.

--
	Michal Čihař for the phpMyAdmin team