[phpMyAdmin News] phpMyAdmin 4.7.0 is released as stable, also 4.0.10.20 security and bugfix release

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:53:36 CEST 2017

Today, the phpMyAdmin team released version 4.7.0 as the latest stable
version, and 4.0.10.20 as a security and bugfix release.

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.7.0, a regular maintenance release containing
new features, bug fixes, and a security fix.

A complete list of new features and bugs that have been fixed is
available in the ChangeLog file or changelog.php included with this release.

Notable changes since 4.6.6:

* Fix an issue where $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] is ignored
(PMASA-2017-8)
* Fix JavaScript errors when using Designer
* Show all databases in dropdown selector, including the current one
* Better defaults when creating a multi-field foreign key
* Improved support for TokuDB
* Improved handling of LoginCookieValidity, this should improve certain
cases where users were getting logged out prematurely
* Fix an error that could occur when copying a database (related to
pmadb/Configuration Storage metadata)
* Fixed OpenDocument exports
* Fixed alignment of NULL values
* Removed error message about client and server version mismatch
* Compatibility fixes when running under HHVM 3.18
* Fix the version check when curl is incorrectly configured
* Change the default export setting for Excel files; now the default is
to include column names in the first row. This is always configurable
with $cfg['Export']['excel_columns']
* Log failed authentication attempts to syslog (useful for parsing by
fail2ban, for example)
* Add filtering for the database list
* Add table filtering to the database 'Structure' tab
* Add support for exporting user settings as a config.inc.php snippet
* Add option to delete settings from browser storage
* Changes to the JSON import and export format to better follow the JSON
specification, however this breaks
  compatibility with older versions. See
https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/import_export.html#json
* Support for IPv6 proxies
* Allow more connection parameters for the controluser connection
* Rename 'Relations' to 'Relationships' in many places as it's a more
correct term
* More documentation for export configuration options
* Remove support for Swekey authentication
* Remove support for old, unsupported versions of Microsoft Internet
Explorer
* Removed $cfg['ThemePath']

Starting with this version, phpMyAdmin uses Composer to manage PHP
library dependencies while under development. Users downloading the
official source distribution will not notice a difference, however users
of the git repository should refer to
https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-from-git for
details.

Also beginning with this version, we've made some changes to the files
available for download. There are now three different packages
available: `all-languages` and `english` are the same downloads we've
offered for some time, the former featuring all languages for which we
have a reasonable amount of translations and the latter being a smaller
English-only download. We have added a `source` download, which includes
the unit test suite, Gettext po files, documentation source, and
JavaScript source files; these are omitted from the other packages as
most users have no need for them. We have also reduced the number of
compression formats available due to low utilization; for each package
we have .tar.gz, .tar.xz, and .zip formats available.

There are many more improvements; please refer to the ChangeLog for full
details.

4.0.10.20 fixes database search when the locale is not 'en' and also
fixes a security issue where $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] is
ignored (PMASA-2017-8) in certain situations.

As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net

Thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this work possible!