[phpMyAdmin News] phpMyAdmin 4.8.0-rc1 is released
bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:58:34 CEST 2018
Welcome to the release candidate version of the upcoming 4.8.0 release.
This is likely to be the final testing release before 4.8.0 is
This is a pre-release version, so please check any bugs against the
issue tracker and report new ones at
A complete list of new features and bugs that have been fixed is
available in the ChangeLog file or changelog.php included with this release.
Notable changes since 4.8.0-alpha1:
* Designer: fix broken "Add tables from other database"
* Fix double escaping of ENUM dropdown
* Restore SQL query after session expires
* Query builder: Fix for new column not being added
* Fix for blank login page
* Changes to the handling of arg_separator for AJAX requests; see issue
* Structure tab: fix silent failure to create new indexes
* Fix improperly escaped HTML code on the database structure page
* Fix for broken error report
* Fix failed import
* Fix for "Cannot read property sql_query of undefined" errors
The remaining notes are for changes from the 4.7.x branch to 4.8.0 and
also applied to 4.8.0-alpha1.
Major changes include security enhancements such as removing the PHP
eval() function and authentication logging, a mobile interface to
improve the interface when used with tablets or mobile phones, and
two-factor authentication options.
A few highlights of the changes include:
* Allow the removal of individual segments from pie charts
* Improved database search to allow matching the exact phrase
* phpMyAdmin no longer requires using the PHP eval() function
* The mbstring dependency is now optional
* Authentication logging using $cfg['AuthLog']
* Add support for Google's Invisible Captcha
* Improved handling of reCAPTCHA
* Improved the editor for the JSON data type
* Add "Format" button to the edit view form
* Implement mobile interface
* There are now configuration directives to set defaults for
* Allow Designer to show tables from other databases
* Add support for authentication using U2F and 2FA
Much of this work is thanks to the hard work of our Google Summer of
Code 2017 students. We're participating again, see
Additionally, there have been continuous improvements to many of the
translations. If you don't see your language or find a problem, you can
contribute too; see <https://www.phpmyadmin.net/translate/> for details.
As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net
Thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this work possible!
The phpMyAdmin Team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 874 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the News