[phpMyAdmin News] Upcoming phpMyAdmin security release

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:22:12 CET 2019

The phpMyAdmin project is announcing an upcoming security release. Two
security flaws will be included in the 4.8.5 release and we recommend
that all users update their installations. One attack requires setting
a configuration directive, which is off by default. The other requires
an attacker to have access to the MySQL server. We will post more
details at the time of the release.

Due to the scheduled release cycle where 4.8.5 was due for release
this week, this security release will occur later today. We regret
that we haven't provided more advanced notice in this case.

This email is part of an experimental policy where we publish advance
notifications of upcoming security releases.

Thank you,
Isaac for the phpMyAdmin team