[phpMyAdmin News] phpMyAdmin 4.9.0 is released
bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 17:58:12 CEST 2019
Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.9.0, a bugfix release that includes important
This release fixes two security vulnerabilities:
* PMASA-2019-3 is an SQL injection flaw in the Designer feature
* PMASA-2019-4 is a CSRF attack that's possible through the 'cookie'
Upgrading is highly recommended for all users. Using the 'http'
auth_type instead of 'cookie' can mitigate the CSRF attack.
The solution for the CSRF attack does remove the former functionality to
log in directly through URL parameters (as mentioned in FAQ 4.8, such as
behavior was discouraged and is now removed. Other query parameters work
as expected; only pma_username and pma_password have been removed.
This release also includes fixes for many bugs, including:
- Several issues with SYSTEM VERSIONING tables
- Fixed json encode error in export
- Show Designer combo boxes when adding a constraint
- Fix edit view
- Fixed invalid default value for bit field
- Fix several errors relating to GIS data types
- Fixed import XML data with leading zeros
- Fixed php notice, added support for 'DELETE HISTORY' table privilege
(MariaDB >= 10.3.4)
- Fixed MySQL 8.0.0 issues with GIS display
- Fixed "Server charset" in "Database server" tab showing wrong information
- Fixed can not copy user on Percona Server 5.7
- Updated sql-parser to version 4.3.2, which fixes several parsing and
There are many, many more bug fixes thanks to the efforts of our
developers, Google Summer of Code applicants, and other contributors.
The phpMyAdmin team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the News